Monday, March 7, 2011

Why Don't Interviewers Reply?

Crostolo FRIULANA HOME MADE

and carnivals, and somehow I wanted to celebrate. Of course, I have all the ingredients of traditional crostoli grandmother's (or chat, as they are called in other parts of Italy), but I did not want to forget this year. Last year, between pregnancy and the nausea was not succeeded, at least this year instead of a tray was proper to do so.

The recipe that my mother gave me the phone back in 2005 can not find it, who knows where it will be over. A recipe with all the ingredients and measures eye, made several times with excellent results. But nothing, memory, and with many fewer ingredients, however, because I live in Spain and I can not work miracles, I am able to obtain the mass of crostoli.


simply with flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, orange peel and orange juice and yeast. Nothing else. I omit the rum or brandy for so Gabi also can dine, or at least try them, and also because they are unprepared.

The ideal is to make the dough a few hours before, wipe dry (ie, with not too much flour) and let it rise in a warm place without drafts. Bereft of that as well, as the kitchen and living room are a single environment, little has been rising ... and right there I did not think anything good would come out.

So disconsolate that I took a rolling pin, flour, and I pulled the dough. Luckily it was soft, because the machine's got to pull my grandmother (and who knows what the trip to Italy is not able to bring her here, if they have not thrown away!), And I prepared crostoli of various shapes: rectangles, fiocchietti, rectangles cut in half and turned over on themselves, and circles.

then fried in olive oil, fast cooking, pasta should be slightly brown, otherwise you burn. And then sprinkled with sugar, just to soften them a bit.

The same mixture with less flour and adding raisins is also used for pancakes.


The result is not perfect, but satisfactory. Sure, it lacks that saporin than once, but crostoli of all ages healthy and fit. And then we must be content if you want to keep the traditions alive!

Gabi's been eating my crostoli, a tiny piece, of course, but because he is quite reluctant to new flavors, see that he did not spit, but instead, she smiled, reassures me that I am good!

So good carnival at all, soon will prepare pancakes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment