Saturday, March 12, 2011

Michael Vick Old Cleats



After days of rain, a sunny morning. I take after spending continuation walk to downtown, and then walking through the streets of Nerja, full of tourists, in this elderly, visiting the village following the guide.

The colors of Nerja are alive, even after days of rain a sunny morning to change the whole atmosphere. The air is clean, I love to smell the country. Because only after the rain, only after everything has dried, you can smell the country. In the spring, then, is intoxicating. The smell of the sea, salt, palm trees. The smell of bakeries. The smell of flowers and plants. Soon the smell of jasmine and a sweet scent on the wind away, which almost reaches the house. The smell of Andalucia.

Because Spain has its own smell. At

knows sewer. Unfortunately, I do not know how, coming here you notice this smell. Especially in the humid days of rain. It is not my impression, they say it all.

But on a sunny day changes everything. The smell of the sun, as it is? Indescribable, but has a smell. Like the white of the houses, the blue of the sky, high clouds.

The smell of last week's snow on the mountains came up to here. I recognize him and remember.

The smell of café con leche , too sweet. The smell of palmera de chocolate, sugar. The smell of bread ... no odor. The bread did not smell too, not like in Italy, too bad. The smell of some bakery and fried, especially early in the morning, when preparing churros. The smell of garlic is certain restaurants, an ever-present ingredient in English cooking, but a smell that I hate!

There are days when I love to go out and smell the village. If I'm lucky there are smells that bring me back in time. But I find certain smells of my past, like freshly cut grass, the smell of the harvest of summer meadows, the stones of the Tagliamento, the park of my village. The smell of newspapers, libraries, tulips, flower meadows, the beautiful gardens of wool sweaters.
I like to travel with the memory through a smell, to rock in places away, revive certain feelings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment